The gutter…

Staying with the theme of converting the van like you would a house, I turned my attention to the roof gutter. The main body of the van is steel and the roof is made of fiberglass. Where the steal and fiberglass met the sealant was cracked, rotted and needed replacing. I wire brushed all the old sealant until it was clean and clear. I didn’t reseal it right away just in case there was any trapped moisture that would cause rusting.

The next day I bought a PU adhesive and started to fill in the gaps. To make a smooth finish I used my finger to make sure all the gaps were filled to prevent water getting in.

The adhesive took a few days to dry because of the time of year but I wasn’t planning to paint the van until the following week.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s